One more year has passed and another one started. The peregrination that started 60 years ago on 14th August 1947 has completed 60 glorious years and still vibrant and energetic in spite of all the ups and downs that She has faced during the past 60 years.
We as a nation are entering a very tough and critical stage in view of the current political situation on national and international arena. Last year was one of horrible years of the history of Pakistan. Here is a reminiscent of events that I remember.
- Waziristan Operation
- Bugti Issue
- Tussle of the Chiefs (CEO vs CJP)
- Massacre of 12th May
- Lal Masjid Operation witnessed the barbarism of army against its own people.
- Numerous Suicidal Bombing incidents through out the year and especially after Lal Masjid issue ,claiming a number of innocent lives.
- Oil Prices shooting higher and higher
- Inflation and its consequences on the not an elite class.
- Heavy rainfall and the inability of City Government to cope up with the disasters yet still claiming the situation under complete control without any remorse.
- Severe shortage of Electricity and bombastic announcement to control it by the end of 2007 ,failing miserably short of the target.
- Non-Uniformity about the Uniform.
- Presidential Power Play.
- Dealing with the DEAL.
- BIG HAND ISSUE
- GHALAT BAYANI
- WAR on Terror with terror.
- Rumors about declaring state of Emergency.
- Democratic Dictatorship
- Humiliating dismissal of Pakistan from the Cricket World Cup.
- Ever increasing gap between so called enlightened liberals and so called extremist.
But still , we have hopes ,hopes to make things better, hopes to make Pakistan better, hopes to pull out the country from the turmoil.
Let’s Make Pakistan Better. Pakistan Zindabad